Who we are
The Torresol Energy company was founded to promote technological development and the construction, operation and maintenance of large concentrated solar power plants all over the world.
Moreover, we bring new technologies to every project in order to offer viable, economically competitive and ecological alternatives to traditional power.
Our activities focus on the development, operation and maintenance of plants in the south of Europe, North Africa, the Middle East and the southwest of the United States:
- In southern Europe, the company's objective is to promote the building of new CSP plants
- In the Middle East and north of Africa, it is prioritizing the development of a thermosolar plant in Abu Dhabi
- In the United States, we intend to set up collaboration agreements with American renewable energy companies to develop CSP plants in the southwest of the country.
Torresol Energy operates three plants in Spain:
- Gemasolar, a 19.9-MW plant with central tower receiver technology located in Fuentes de Andalucía (Seville)
- Valle 1 and Valle 2, two 50-MW plants, each with cylindrical-parabolic collector technology, located in San José del Valle (Cadiz).
Torresol Energy was founded in 2008 through an alliance between SENER Grupo de Ingeniería, S.A.,a Spanish multinational technology leader (owner of 60% of the company), and MASDAR, an alternative power company in Abu Dhabi (owner of 40%).